NG-Conf 2019 Recap
1 min. read
Another great ng-conf in the books and like every year before, they never seem to disappoint. So many great workshops, talks, and new friends, it is always hard saying goodbye. Now that we are back, I thought it would be a good time to go over some of our favorite highlights and talks.
The keynote spoke numbers, Angular has a large vibrant community. They are pushing new major releases every 6 months and upgrading versions has never been easier (ng update).
- We should have the official 8.0 in our hands sometime this month (May 2019).
- The new rendering engine Ivy is opt in 8.0 and will be the default when 9.0 comes out (end of Q4).
- Ivy allows for breakpoint debugging in HTML. :)
- Differential loading is landing in 8.0, this means small bundles with separate bundles for older browsers.
- Bazel for large applications is super exciting.
Talks We Enjoyed
Once again, ng-conf never ceases to amaze us. The future of Angular is very bright, I can't wait to see what next year has in store.
Angular • Ionic • C# • NestJS • Azure